Steps to Get a Work-Study Position
- Be sure you have been awarded and accepted "Work-Study" on your PRISM financial aid page.
- You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester.
- Schedule an interview with the supervisor listed with each position. At the interview, hours and pay will be discussed.
- Fill out the Work-Study Application and bring it with you to the interview.
- If you are hired for a position, pick up a Work-Study eligibility packet from the Campus Administrative Specialist, Jenean Hodge, or the Solution Center.
- You MUST return the completed payroll packet to the Campus Administrative Specialist to get put on payroll. In addition you'll have to complete and pass a background check.
- Students are responsible for entering their own work hours through the payroll system. Supervisors will approve all hours. Students get paid every two weeks through direct deposit. See attached Directions.
- Fall Work-Study positions are open starting Sept. 6, 2016 - December 22, 2016.
- Spring Work-Study positions are open starting January 23, 2017 - May 22, 2017.
Generally students work 5-20 hours per week. The number of hours will vary according to the department’s needs and the student’s availability.