FOX Head Soccer Coach Wanted
The University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley (Menasha, WI) is searching for a head soccer coach. This is a fixed term appointment for the specified period only. Actual responsibilities will be determined after consultation with the UW Fox Athletic Director.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Coach UWFox varsity soccer team
- Prepare athletes for matches. Weekday games generally begin at 4:00 p.m. during the week and 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays. (You can check the UW Fox athletics web page www.uwfox.uwc.edu/athletics/ to see the 2012 schedule.)
- Organize practices which generally run 1-1/2 to 2 hours per day. It is expected that the team will practice four or five times a week (depending on number of games per week), with times generally being between 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- It is expected that the coach will engage in active recruiting of area high school players.
- The coaching staff will participate in various fund raising activities.
Clerical responsibilities include:
- Supervision of the athletes and equipment during practice sessions and on all trips (travel to away games is via a school bus)
- Care, inventory, distribution and collection of uniforms
- Maintenance of statistical records and regular distribution to the league office
- Routine updating of soccer web page
- Submission of weekly practice schedule/plan
- Filing of eligibility papers
- Reporting of scores to the Appleton Post-Crescent, web site, and league commissioner after each game
- Assist with game preparations
- Attending the annual coaches meeting (via WisLine)
Soccer coaching experience required (preferred to be high school or above). Minimum bachelor’s degree preferred, in Physical Education or related field. Knowledge and experience of the game of soccer are required. The applicant must also be dedicated to meeting the special needs of college level students. First Aid and CPR/AED certification is recommended.
Dates of Appointment:
Tentatively set for August 21 through October 26, 2013
Application Deadline and How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of two current references to email@example.com. Please apply immediately. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Brandi Alonzo, Athletic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (920) 832-2806.
In accordance with Wisconsin’s open records law we are required to provide, upon request, a list of all nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities remain confidential. The names and titles of all finalists for the position must be disclosed upon request. The form to request confidentiality is available at www.uwc.edu/jobs
A criminal records review will be conducted for final candidates. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Convictions and pending charges will be considered only if they are substantially related to the circumstances of this position.
The University of Wisconsin-Colleges is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities and persons with disabilities. It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment.
Employment is contingent on establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control act of 1986.