Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour of Chicago's Gateway to the West Loop
Friday, October 12, 2018
Discover Chicago's hottest foodie neighborhood as you taste foods from award-winning chefs & learn about West Loop's restaurant revolution!
Gateway to the West Loop is truly that, as it's an introduction to the West Loop's renowned and extensive food scene. Take a short stroll down Randolph Street, which has been called, "Chicago's Best Foodie Street." This title comes as no surprise as this area is home to a unique mixture of James Beard Award-winning chefs, old school diners, Chicago-based breweries and eclectic dive bars. The diversity of this culinary hub allows us to feature places as amazing as a burger joint that's rated by the Food Network as having one of the best burgers in the country to an award-winning restaurant that has created over 1,500 different pizza recipes. As one of the most transformed neighborhoods in Chicago, The West Loop continues to grow in its history and presence with community events, artistic life and culinary innovations.
When the tour is over, the remaining time is on your own to shop and explore the area. NOTE: There is a lot of walking on this tour but all fitness levels are welcome. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. Tours take place rain or shine. NO REFUNDS, but you are welcome to check with us to see if there is anyone available from the waitlist.
Travel date: Friday, October 12, 2019
Departs: Pick up locations will be determined closer to the date of departure.
Fee: $134, includes transportation, tour, and food throughout the day.
Tour leader: Suzanne Lawrence, Regional Director of Continuing Education Access Campuses: UW-Fond du Lac and UW-Fox Valley
Dear Evan Hansen
Broadway Theater in Chicago!
All his life, Evan Hansen has felt invisible. But when a tragedy thrusts him into the center of a rapidly evolving controversy, he is given the opportunity of a lifetime: the chance to be somebody else. Winner of six 2017 Tony awards, including Best Musical.
Date: Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Tickets are $185 (includes show, lunch and transportation to Chicago) $100 deposit is due upon registration, balance of $85 is due Oct. 1, 2018.
To register: Call (920) 931-3415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 New York City Theatre Tour
June 5 - June 9, 2019
(Seats still open)
In five adventure-filled days, you and a group of like-minded travelers will experience three outstanding Broadway performances. You’ll spend four nights in a conveniently located hotel on Times Square. You’ll see many of the city’s most popular attractions guided by our trip leaders or you can explore the city on your own! Be a part of this year’s exciting adventure in one of America’s most vibrant and diverse cities.
The price for the trip includes the following items:
- Coach and air transportation to Milwaukee and New York
- Three plays
- Four nights at the Marriott Marquis Hotel conveniently located on Times Square
- Group tours of some of New York’s many “must see” attractions with Jane Marx
- Optional excursions with your trip leaders
- Plenty of free time to explore
- Departure dates: Wednesday, June 5 - Sunday, June 9, 2019
(Departs UW-Manitowoc campus to Mitchell International Airport. Note: Fox Valley residents will depart from UW-Fox Valley.)
- Fee: The 2019 price is $2,250 (based on double occupancy). This is subject to change based on airfare and other increases to hotel, etc. for 2019.
- Add $650 for single occupancy.
- Group leaders: Suzanne Lawrence, Regional Director of Continuing Education
- Register: To reserve your seat today, contact Suzanne Lawrence, Regional Continuing Education Director, N.E. Region at (920) 931-3415 or email email@example.com. Reserve your seat for $200 (per person), no later than November 20, 2018 for the 2019 trip!
"Elf" at the Fireside Theater - December 8, 2018
Visit Jones Dairy Farm, Jones Market for breakfast and shopping, and Nasco
Join us for a day in Fort Atkinson! Start with breakfast at Jones Market at Jones Dairy Farm. Enjoy their new Bacon, Canadian Bacon, Hash Brown, Cheesy Egg Bake and beverage of your choice (Ancora coffee, tea, Door County Cherry juice, or a Sprecher soda). Take some time to eat and shop the market. Next stop, Nasco and then off to shopping, lunch (soup, fresh baked breads, pork loin, Rumchata cheesecake, coffee/tea/milk) and the show at the Fireside. The show this year is Elf. Based on the beloved holiday film, this hilarious fish-out-of-water comedy is now a must-see holiday musical. This modern day holiday classis is sure to make everyone embrace their inner elf!
Date: Saturday, December 8, 2018
Location: Pick up at UW-Fox Valley (6:15 am); UW-Oshkosh (6:45 am), and UW-Fond du Lac (7:15 am). Returns approximately 6 pm to UW-Fond du Lac; 6:30 pm to UW-Oshkosh; and 7 pm to UW-Fox Valley.
Fee: $115, includes transportation, breakfast, lunch, the show, and all gratutities>
Pacific Coast Journey: Portland down to San Francisco
September 14 - 22, 2019
- Columbia River Gorge including beautiful Multnomah Falls and the mammoth Bonneville Lock and Dam
- Guided tour of Portland including the Old Town Historic District and the International Rose Test Gardens
- Visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory
- Explore the magnificent Oregon Coast including Three Capes Scenic Drive and Yaquina Head Lighthouse
- Enjoy a four-wheel-drive dune buggy ride through Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area
- Visit Crater Lake National Park and take the 35-mile long Rim Drive
- Rogue River Jetboat excursion following the route of the old mailboats (subject to water levels)
- See the gigantic redwoods and sequoias of Redwood National Park
- Follow the Oregon coast, with some of the most dramatic scenery in the country
- Wine tasting at a local winery in California's rich wine-growing region
- San Francisco's touring including the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay cruise and farewell dinner in Chinatown
Travel dates: September 14 - 22, 2019
Location for pickup: Manitowoc, Fox Valley and Fond du Lac
Fee: Call for more information (this is a new tour and pricing is still in process)
Group leader: Suzanne Lawrence, Regional Director of Continuing Education for Access Campuses (UW-Fond du Lac and UW-Fox Valley)
Anastasia - Coming in 2019! - Broadway Theater in Chicago
Inspired by the beloved films of the same name, Anastasia transports audiences from the twilight of the Russian Empire to the euphoria of Paris in the 1920s as it follows a brave young woman who sets out to discover the mystery of her past. Pursued by a ruthless Soviet officer determined to silence her, the intrepid Anya enlists the aid of a dashing conman and a lovable ex-aristocrat. Together, they embark on an epic adventure to help her find home, love, and family. With its opulent settings, dazzling costumes, and a soaring score -- including the popular songs "Journey to the Past" and "Once Upon a December" from the animated film -- Anastasia is a spectacular new musical about discovering who you are and defining who you're meant to be.
Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Fee: This is a new show. Therefore ticket pricing is not yet available.
Please call 920-832-2636 for more information.
Boundary Waters Canoe Expedition (Departing from UW-Fox Valley Campus)
Join group leaders Bruce Peters (retired UW-Manitowoc) and Jared Dalberg (UW-Manitowoc Associate Professor, Health, Exercise Science, and Athletics) for an adventure-filled trip to the Boundary Waters in northern Minnesota. You will spend 6 days paddling this pristine wilderness with 2 guides who combined have completed more than 20 trips in this natural wonderland. Price includes transportation from Manitowoc, all food in the wilderness, and all necessary equipment. Personal gear excluded.
Location: Departing UW-Fox Valley
Dates: Late Spring 2019
To register: Call (920) 832-2636 to space availability
Register early! Trip is limited to 6 participants.