Guardian Life Insurance Company of America and the University of Wisconsin – Fox Valley have partnered to bring students a Money Management for Life Scholarship Program including a personal finance course also known as BUS-110 Personal Finance. This unique program will cover strategies so you can acquire the knowledge and skills to manage your money today and plan for your financial future. Additionally, the course will cover topics such as budgeting, time value of money, savings strategies, managing debt, consumer credit, and insurance as well as career paths in the insurance and financial services industry.
- Students selected will be provided free course tuition and textbooks.
- These course credits may be used to complete graduation requirements.
- Students will have opportunities to meet with Guardian executives and network for possible internship opportunities.
- Students will learn about personal finance from an experienced instructor and be engaged with other highly motivated students in the realm of personal finance.
- Attend a minimum of 85% of all BUS-110 Personal Finance classes
- Earn a 2.3 GPA for BUS-110 Personal Finance class
Scholarship applications will be available the first day of class (January 23) and must be completed and returned by January 31.
Spring 2017 Session
- BUS 110 Personal Finance
- January 23 to May 22
- Time: 4:15 - 5:30 p.m. on Tuesdays/Thursdays
- Location: Goodwill Industries, 1800 Appleton Road, Menasha - Door # 2
- Room: Neenah Menasha Room
- Instructor: Andrea Butler, UW-Fox Valley, Senior Lecturer of Business and Computer Science