The Fox Journal
The campus student newspaper, The Fox Journal, offers a challenge to anyone interested in journalism or a related field. Staff members gain valuable experience in reporting, editing, photography, graphic design, and advertising sales. Students may also earn academic credit for their work (if CTA 104 is taken concurrently). Energetic new members are always welcome. Advisor: Loren Snyder, 920-832-2677.
University Studios is a student club that teaches students the fundamental principles of broadcasting. For credit or on a volunteer basis, students can get involved in closed-circuit campus radio or in video/television production or both! Previous experience is not needed. New members are always welcome! Advisor: Tom Frantz, 920-832-2719.
Students can learn the technical skills required to be a disc jockey by doing their own radio shows. Students involved can elect to earn academic credit by enrolling in CTA 105, Applied Journalism Radio.
University Studios TV
University Studios Television: Students get hands-on experience in producing a variety of televisions or short form videos. Some videos are broadcast to the community on cable, some videos are used on campus for other purposes, and some are purely experimental. All work is done using professional quality video production equipment. Students involved can elect to receive academic credit for their work by enrolling in CTA 106, Applied Journalism TV. New members are always welcome. Previous experience is not needed.
Whether you’re a rookie with no experience or a polished director, University Studios TV can use you! US welcomes students from any academic major!
University Studios production work includes:
- creating original student programs for cable, (Fox Traxx, Theatre Near You)
- facilitating video production for community groups and local government;
- shooting campus events (theatre, music, lectures, special events & performances)
- assisting in campus video production needs (commercials, public service announcements, more!)
US is open to fresh new ideas for shows! Many of our current shows and past shows started as ideas generated by students. Bring your idea to a meeting.
Current shows in production include:
- Fox Traxx - UW-Fox Valley’s music video show
- Theatre Near You - Cinema history and appreciation & movie reviews hosted by UW-Fox Valley students.
- Fox cities Ice Dog Hockey - Elite Amateur Hockey games
- City of Appleton Common Council - Gavel to gavel coverage of Appleton Common Council meetings
- City of Menasha Common Council - Coverage of City of Menasha Administrative, Public Works & Personnel committee meetings and Common Council meetings.
- Town of Menasha Board of Supervisors - Coverage of Town of Menasha Board of Supervisors meetings.