The Barlow Planetarium offers public programming. Family shows are geared for the young and young-at-heart. Feature shows are geared for the older student or adult that already has an established interested in astronomy. Wisconsin Skies is for the visitor that wants to get the most current and in-depth astronomy information possible. Each show ends with a tour of the current nighttime sky – stars, constellations and planets – as seen from the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin.
Star Show Schedule
Star Show Times through September 1
- Sundays - Mondays | CLOSED
- Tuesdays at 3:45 p.m. | The Secret of the Cardboard Rocket (SPECIAL SCHEDULE ON 7/24)
- Wednesdays at 3:45 p.m. | The Planets
- Thursdays at 3:45 p.m. | The Secret of the Cardboard Rocket (SPECIAL SCHEDULE ON 7/26)
- Fridays at 3:45 p.m. | The Planets
- Saturdays at 2:30 p.m. | The Secret of the Cardboard Rocket
- Saturdays at 3:45 p.m. | The Planets
August Family Astronomy Night
Saturday, August 18, 2018, 7:00 to 9:30 p.m.
- Barlow members: Free
- Adults: $8
- Students (age 13-17): $7
- College students (with ID): $7
- Children (age 3-12): $6
- Seniors (age 60+): $6
Eligible Association of Science-Technology Center (ASTC) Passport Members
ASTC Passport Program restrictions:
- Based on your science center’s or museum’s location: Science centers/museums located within 90 miles of each other are excluded from the Travel Passport Program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement. Click for a list of eligible institutions.
- Based on residence: To receive Travel Passport Program benefits, you must live more than 90 miles away from the center/museum you wish to visit. Admissions staff reserve the right to request proof of residence for benefits to apply. Science centers and museums requesting proof of residence are marked by checking IDs.
FEATURE STAR SHOWS (Grade 5 & Above)
For visitors who have an established interest in astronomy and space, the Barlow Planetarium presents feature shows on astronomy and space topics.
July 6 - September 1 - Buy The Planets Tickets!
Take a tour of our own planetary neighborhood that includes the latest and most up-to-date information about the Solar System. Narrated by Kate Mulgrew, Captain Janeway of Star Trek: Voyager, The Planets explores the formation of the solar system, visits each of Earth’s sister planets to uncover the varied worlds that circle the Sun. Each show concludes with a tour of the current nighttime sky – stars, constellations and planets – as seen from the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin.
FAMILY STAR SHOWS (Grade 4 & Below)
For the visitors that are young and young-at-heart looking for a light, fun and educational astronomy experience, the Barlow Planetarium presents family shows on astronomy.
July 6 - September 1 - Buy Secret of the Cardboard Rocket Tickets
Join two children on a magical journey through the Solar System, aided by a talking astronomy book, a cardboard rocket, and a vivid imagination. During this imaginative show, audiences will land on Venus, fly through the rings of Saturn, and discover the secrets of the Solar System. Each show concludes with a tour of the current nighttime sky – stars, constellations and planets – as seen from the Fox Valley and Northeast Wisconsin.
FUTURE SHOW TIMES