Eligibility for Aid
To be eligible for financial aid, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be United States Citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S. (International students are not eligible for aid).
- Carry at least six credits per semester (or three credits in the summer). Exceptions may be made to the six-credit rule for Pell Grant funding.
- Demonstrate financial need for most types of aid. There are some exceptions to this rule. See the section types of aid for more details.
- Not have defaulted on any educational loan or owe a repayment on any previous federal grant provided by any post secondary institution.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as outlined in the UW Colleges catalog.
Students already having a baccalaureate degree are not eligible for grant funds. However, they may be eligible for loans or the work-study program if enrolled in a second degree.
REMINDER: YOU MUST APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID EACH YEAR