Steps to Get a Work-Study Position
- Be sure you have been awarded and accepted "Work-Study" on your PRISM financial aid page.
- You must be enrolled in at least 6 credits during the semester.
- Schedule an interview with the supervisor listed with each position. At the interview, hours and pay will be discussed.
- Fill out the work-study application and bring it with you to the interview.
- If you are hired for a position, pick up a Work-Study eligibility packet from the Campus Administrative Specialist, Jenean Hodge, or the Solution Center.
- You MUST return the completed payroll packet to the Campus Administrative Specialist to get put on the payroll. In addition, you'll have to complete and pass a background check.
- Students are responsible for entering their own work hours through the payroll system. Supervisors will approve all hours. Students get paid every two weeks through direct deposit. See attached Directions.
Generally, students work 5-20 hours per week. The number of hours will vary according to the department’s needs and the student’s availability.