Guaranteed Transfer Program
Begin your education as a freshman at the UW Colleges and you’ll be guaranteed admission to another UW System school as a junior!
It's Easy to Participate
- Begin as a new freshman at one of the UW Colleges.
- Submit a Declaration of Intent form prior to the start of your sophomore year (completion of 30 credits) in the UW Colleges.
- Complete the number of credits required for junior status at your intended transfer school (usually 54 to 60 credits) within three years.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA (2.8 for UW-Madison) and at least a 2.0 in the term prior to transfer.
- Refer to the UW Colleges Guaranteed Transfer Program for further details.
Note: The guarantee of admission applies to the institution and not to the specific major or program.